Join DEFNA! Board Member Recruitment
Django Events Foundation North America (DEFNA) is looking for another board member. Last year we expanded our board from three members to seven; this year one of our board members, Stacey Haysler, is stepping down. We are looking for a new board member, possibly someone interested in being our new Corporate Secretary, who manages the official records of the nonprofit.
Board membership takes, on average, about five hours per month performing the following functions:
- Attend the monthly board meeting
- Manage DEFNA 501(c)(3) charitable organization and a registered California corporation
- Participate in the grant applications review process
- Use DEFNA’s social media channels to communicate about DEFNA
- Come up with new and clever ways for DEFNA to fulfill our mission
If you’d like to be considered for the board, drop us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org, and let us know:
- What interests you about being on the board
- Your current/prior community involvement (it’s okay if you’re new—we need everyone to participate!)
- Any particular interests you have (grants committee, corporate filings, corporate secretary, etc.)
- Any ideas you have for expanding DEFNA’s reach in the OSS community
- Anything else you’d like us to know about you as a potential board member
Please email your information to us by February 16 at 6:00 PM Pacific Time. We’ll contact you if we need more details. We’ll make our decision and reply to everyone by end-of-day February 26.
Read more about DEFNA’s involvement with DjangoCon US in our past board member recruitment post.